Pages

4/17/14

Redesign On A Whim - Basement Landing

When you are procrastinating cleaning for an upcoming family visit, sometimes you get hit with decor redesign inspiration. Well, maybe not you, but I do and I decided to document my latest "Redesign On A Whim".

I had two pictures waiting for their new wall homes after a recent Facebook Yardsale purchase.  I purchased two coordinating pictures off of the local Facebook page. One replaced the current picture in the downstairs bathroom, while the other was waiting for its new wall home. 

While cleaning the basement yesterday, I decided that the "replaced" picture and the other Facebook yardsale picture would be perfect additions to the basement decor.  Time got away from me and they were still leaning against the basement closet door this morning.

Rather than start cleaning the first floor, as planned, my friend Procrastination whispered, "let's hang those pictures." It is hard to ignore Procrastination, especially when she whispers. So innocent, so inviting . . .

Anyways, this is what Procrastination and I whipped up for the "new" basement landing:
BEFORE: Empty and with a nick on the wall, this space has been unused since we bought the house in '08.
AFTER: The "replaced" picture, hung and covering the nick in the wall, a plant stand, and faux plant arrangement. At least Procrastination is as frugal as I am since all these items were already in my house, some free and some bought so long ago they might as well be free. Now, how long will this arrangement last?  Ha! Who knows, but I will enjoy it until that day comes.
 Oh, did you want to see the Facebook pictures I purchased?  Ohhkkaaayyyy!  Psst, I bought the pair for just $10.
"New" picture in the downstairs bathroom.
"New" picture in the basement.

3 comments:

  1. I have a landing spot like that, it was empty here forever too! Finally got something up last summer and it makes such a difference doesn't it? Yours looks great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know what took me so long. Yes, it does make a difference!! Thanks!

      Delete
  2. Hi Janis, your landing looks great. I'm just stopping by to say how delightful your blog is. Thanks so much for sharing. I have recently found your blog and am now following you, and will visit often. Please stop by my blog and perhaps you would like to follow me also. Have a wonderful day. Hugs, Chris
    http://chelencarter-retiredandlovingit.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete