How do I love thee? Let me count the ways:
- You are always on time with your post holiday deals.
- Always generous, you start out with 50% off, then offer more discounts to keep me interested.
- Your selection is unpredictable making the finds more thrilling.
The Magic That Is Thrift
Oh, enough gushing.. time to get to the purchases. I must be honest and reveal:
- I only shopped at a few stores
- My deals did not exceed 50% off and some I paid full price (GASP!).
- I edited my purchases to avoid going overboard.
- Not all my purchases were Valentine themed but were discounted nevertheless.
|Hallmark - The only discounted items were the Oh Boy and Be Mine hearts and the X and O. The bag (a reminder of my wedding song "How Sweet It Is" by James Taylor) and the stickers/magnets were still great deals full price.|
|CVS - All items shown were 50% off. Great gifts for next year and the pink tissue paper can be used for non-Valentine's gifts. The heart beads will be fun to display as "garland" for next year's house decorations.|
|Target - These are the 50% off Valentine specific purchases: cards for next year and the mailbox card sets for the year after, heart shaped balloons, heart wall decals and window clings, and cards for the grandparents next year.|
|Target - Non Valentine themed 50% off items: Assortment of bouncy balls - the green mix I can use for St. Patty's Day (light green) and Christmas (dark green) while the pink mix can be used for Easter (pink/purple) and Christmas (red); Bags of dinosaurs, vehicle shaped erasers and basketball/football notepads can be used for birthday party favors along with the 3-D Effect sports cards; the glitter pens, foam letters and Etch Art "valentines" can be used for craft days; and the red plastic tablecloth for any occasion. |
Linking up with Nifty Thrifty Tuesday at Coastal Charm